You are at: Home > Content
eLicense content protection provides:
- industry-leading protection against unauthorized use and piracy
- robust rights management that is unobtrusive to the end user
- the ability to embed a variety of rights models and access control schemes through
a simple rules-based system
- the ability to remotely change access privileges and usage rights even after distribution
- integrated e-commerce functions that provide the simplest purchase processes
- direct integration with Softsales content vending, payment collection, and fraud
In widespread use by industry leaders for nearly ten years, eLicense content protection
provides a unique combination of strength, reliability, and flexibility for implementing
usage policies for all forms of digital assets, including:
- commercial digital goods, such as PC software and games
- proprietary research, corporate assets, and intellectual property
eLicense content protection ensures:
- Well-controlled, automated licensing of commercial digital goods, such as software,
PC games, publications, and entertainment.
- That products are never "unlocked" with a key and exposed to hacking, copying,
or key duplication.
- Global, secure management of digital assets, even after distribution.
- Remote administration of assets, allowing modification, renewal, or revocation
of rights to assets, even if already in use.
- Optional audit trails of access events or attempts.
- Direct integration with digital rewards uniquely and securely assigned to individuals
- Secure superdistribution of assets, without loss of revenue or control over rights.
- On-board payment, licensing, and authentication functionality built directly into
the the user interface of digital assets.
- Protection for assets however they are distributed, including downloads, CD pressings,
- Protection added to existing digital assets via a turnkey hosted system that requires
extra product builds, or technical knowledge.
You Already Built the Value In, Now See the Returns.
Digital assets are strategic assets. And they travel on a revolutionary medium that
multiplies human access to knowledge, productivity, entertainment, and more.
The marketplace of ideas generates value from the work you produce. Delivering that
value and being compensated, is what keeps the wheels turning.
Whether originally in analog form, or developed from the ground up exclusively for
digital devices, your digital assets can quickly and safely reach the marketplace
with eLicense content protection technologies for producers of:
- PC games
- publications & research
- creative works
- intellectual property
- media & entertainment properties
eLicense content protection automatically provides each asset with individualized
protection that ensures controlled, authorized usage throughout its life cycle.
Developers and publishers can rapidly package their digital goods for online or
offline distribution, with any rights model embedded directly into the product.
This removes the technical burden from you, the producer, and allows you to focus
on building superior assets.
Rules-Based Implementation Without Programming Key decisions in your strategy
are easily implemented with eLicense content protection.Including trial periods,
timed usage, controlled superdistibution among customers, and others. You simply
decide what rights will optimize your assets’ exposure, popularity, and paid usage.
eLicense provides them all in a simple, easy-to-use rules-based system that can
put one or many assets into commercial distribution in a matter of minutes.
A key advantage of the eLicense system is the elimination of dual-distributions
when offering free trial downloads. he native protection of your assets provided
by eLicense makes edited or "crippled" versions of product unncessary, allowing:
- one-time distribution of safely controlled, full-featured versions
- customer exposure to full product benefits, instead of a subset of features
- easy purchase within the product interface
- conversion from trial to full license -- without additional product downloads,
and without ever delivering unprotected product